Anwyl Group was founded in 1930 as a joinery and woodworking contractor based in North Wales. Since then, we have expanded and now operate three divisions: Anwyl Homes, Anwyl Construction and Anwyl Land located in St David’s Park, Ewloe.
Accountancy Apprenticeship is being offered to a successful candidate who will have an opportunity to assist and learn various aspects of accountancy within our Accounts department alongside our experienced team. This role will provide a successful candidate an insight and valuable experience whilst ensuring that all operations within accounts department run smoothly and efficiently.
Working Hours/ Days: 1 day college release- TBC;
Mon- Thurs 8:30am – 5.15pm/ Fri 8:30am – 4:00pm
Reporting to: Group Finance Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly go through daily post and distribute to correct members of accounts team;
- Monitor accounts email inboxes to ensure information received is passed to the correct section
- Develop skills within purchase ledger team so that you can;
- register invoices onto the system;
- attach the electronic copy of invoice onto the ledger entry;
- match invoices to purchase orders
- Monitor sales ledger and send statements to customers to chase delayed payment;
- Ensure NHBC and Land Registry invoices are correct and inputted onto the system;
- General accounts administration, i.e. filing, answering overflow phone calls, forwarding messages, posting invoices, maintaining relevant spreadsheets;
- Any other duties as requested and required at times by the Group Financial Controller and broader Finance team.
- Daily bank reconciliations;
- On a monthly basis run an aged debtor and aged retention using through Jet reports;
- Keep an accurate record of ground rents; produce invoices and monitor received payments;
- Process any bank payments to update accounts system (Evision) accordingly.
The successful candidate will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- A-C grades in English and Maths;
- Keen interest in accounting and willingness to work towards AAT;
- Attention to detail and high standard of accuracy;
- Excellent numerical skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Good communication skills, written and oral;
- Good administrative skills;
- Confidentiality and professionalism;
- Proficient and confident Microsoft Office user (Excel, Outlook, Word);
- Time management;
- Demonstrates initiative;
- Ability to work effectively in a team;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to develop good working relationships;
This is a great opportunity to join, learn and progress with a well-established and continuously growing organisation. If you have the relevant skills and experience or would like further information please contact us.
Closing date: 31st May 2021.
If you have the relevant skills and experience please send your CV to Kasia Kondrat, HR Executive, firstname.lastname@example.org
Anwyl Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.