Anwyl Group was founded in 1930 as a joinery and woodworking contractor based in North Wales. Since then, we have expanded and now operate three divisions: Anwyl Homes, Anwyl Construction and Anwyl Land located in St David’s Park, Ewloe.
Accountancy Apprenticeship is being offered to a successful candidate who will have an opportunity to assist and learn various aspects of accountancy within our Accounts department alongside our experienced team. This role will provide a successful candidate an insight and valuable experience whilst ensuring that all operations within accounts department run smoothly and efficiently.
Working Hours/ Days: 1 day college release- TBC;
Mon- Thurs 8:30am – 5.15pm/ Fri 8:30am – 4:00pm
Reporting to: Group Financial Controller
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly go through daily post and distribute to correct members of accounts team;
- Accurately enter all cheques into the paying in book and ensure remittance details are kept and filed;
- Maintain bank books;
- Monitor payments and send statements to customers to chase delayed payment;
- Assist purchase ledger if necessary;
- Scan purchase ledger invoices onto system and match to purchase orders;
- Ensure NHBC and Land Registry invoices are correct and inputted onto the system;
- General accounts administration, i.e. filing, answering phone calls, forwarding messages, posting invoices, maintaining relevant spreadsheets;
- Any other duties as requested and required at times by the Group Financial Controller and broader Finance team.
The successful candidate will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- A-C grades in English and Maths;
- Keen interest in accounting and willingness to work towards AAT;
- Attention to detail and high standard of accuracy;
- Excellent numerical skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Good communication skills, written and oral;
- Good administrative skills;
- Proficient and confident Microsoft Office user (Excel, Outlook, Word);
- Time management;
- Demonstrates initiative;
- Ability to work effectively in a team;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to develop good working relationships;
This is a great opportunity to join, learn and progress with a well-established and continuously growing organisation. If you have the relevant skills and experience or would like further information please contact us.
If you have the relevant skills and experience please send your CV to Kasia Kondrat, HR Executive, email@example.com.
Anwyl Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.