The Anwyl Group was founded in 1930 as a joinery and woodworking contractor based in North Wales. Since then, Anwyl have expanded and now operate three divisions: Anwyl Homes, Anwyl Construction and Anwyl Land.
As part of the expansion of the Homes Division, Anwyl Homes Lancashire was formed and we are now seeking to employ an Area Construction Manager who will be responsible for developments in southern half of the region.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a number of projects and site teams. They will drive a positive, customer focussed culture on site that ensures that homes are built to the required quality standards, whilst maintaining excellent levels of health and safety. A full job description is attached.
Hours: 8.00am- 5.00pm (Mon- Fri)
Salary: Attractive Salary + Car Allowance
Report to: Construction Director
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Agree and document build routes, compound locations, traffic management plans, customer occupation strategy and project exit plans;
- Identify dates for information required, subcontractor and material procurement and service installation;
- Produce build programmes in conjunction with the Construction Director and formally monitor progress on a weekly basis;
- Liaise with the sales team to ensure they are kept up to date with build progress and that key dates for the selection of choices and extras are met;
- Ensure that the build programmes are effectively communicated to site teams, subcontractors and suppliers to ensure that adequate resources are deployed;
- Ensure that site teams are aware of the quality requirements contained within the drawings and specifications, trade specifications and NHBC standards;
- Carry out inspections during weekly site visits to ensure that quality standards are being met;
- Ensure that the responsibilities set out in the company Health, Safety and Environmental Policy and procedures are implemented by staff under their control;
- Identify any health, safety or environmental non-compliance during site visits and instigate necessary corrective action;
- Assist in the recruitment of construction staff ensuring that candidates with suitable ability and experience are appointed;
- Provide effective leadership and motivation to all staff employed on the Area Construction Managers developments;
- Carry out appraisals, implement personal development plans and performance manage staff to ensure that the company’s objectives are achieved;
- Liaise with the Construction Director and Human Resources Manager on all staff related issues;
- Ensure that the company’s customer service policy and procedures are implemented by all staff and that appropriate records are maintained;
- Ensure a consistent high standard of build quality and site presentation across all developments by carrying out pre-handover inspections;
- Monitor incidence of post-handover defects; identify trends and ensure that they are rectified in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Experience of the management and completion of house building developments;
- NVQ, degree or relevant qualification in construction related subject;
- CSCS card;
- Valid SMSTS certificate;
- Ability to motivate, lead and supervise the team;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Confident Problem solving and decision making skills;
- Experience of delivering a positive health and safety culture;
- IT skills;
- Strong Commercial knowledge and awareness;
- Good knowledge of building regulations and NHBC Standards.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly regarded and rapidly expanding company in the housing industry and work on a range of interesting projects. If you have the relevant skills and experience please send your CV to email@example.com, HR Executive.
Closing date: 14th January 2020
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date please assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted to attend interviews.
Anwyl Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.