Assistant/ Graduate Quantity Surveyor – Anwyl Partnerships
The Anwyl Group was founded in 1930 as a joinery and woodworking contractor based in North Wales. Since then, Anwyl have expanded and now operate three divisions: Anwyl Homes, Anwyl Partnerships and Anwyl Land with the head office in St David’s Park, Ewloe.
We are seeking to employ an experienced Assistant/ Graduate Quantity Surveyor for our Partnerships Division who will support the management and success of the brand moving forward.
This role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to assist and work on various prestigious projects ensuring set targets and deadlines are reached safely, accurately and within tight time-scales.
As our Assistant/ Graduate Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for supporting the commercial delivery of residential redevelopment schemes in the North West Region. You will be able to demonstrate knowledge of JCT contracts and possess an appreciation of project processes along with design and risk management. You will have experience of commercial assistance in delivering affordable housing and contracting schemes with values in excess of £2.5m.
Hours: 8.30am- 5.15pm (Mon- Thurs)
8.30am- 4.00pm (Fri)
Salary: Attractive salary
Report to: Senior Commercial Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strive to optimise the profitability of the Contracts.
- Ensure that the Contracts achieve the optimum cashflow position.
- Assist with contract documentation and sub-contract documentation so that it is completed and forwarded to the Commercial Manager for authorisation.
- Compliance with Commercial and Company procedures through the Business Management System.
- Assisting in the presentation of external valuations to the Client’s Representative.
- Assisting in preparation of pricing variations for agreement with the Client’s Representative.
- Prepare and manage specific subcontract accounts from inception to final accounts under the guidance of the senior commercial team.
- Assist in the Subcontract procurement strategy and implementation.
- Ensure the procurement of sub-contractors is in line with the Anwyl Management System and that the packages cover the scope of the works.
- Check and ensure compliance and issuing of timely Payment and Pay less notices to Subcontractors.
- Work towards the achievement of objectives and targets for the Contract teams.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly CVR reports for presentation to the Business Unit Management.
- Monitoring the risk and opportunity schedule and managing risk from Commencement to Completion.
- Provide input and cost and value engineering advice throughout the design life of the scheme and attend design team meetings.
- Ensure a proactive approach to dispute avoidance.
- Ensure company health and safety standards and procedures are followed throughout the team.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- 2 years of experience in similar role within a Construction industry preferable but not essential
- Strong account management and commercial experience;
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office and AutoCAD LT);
- BTEC Construction based diploma. HNC/ HND in Construction/Building/Surveying or Relevant Degree would be preferable;
- Experience of planning;
- Strong team player, with the entrepreneurial ability to operate and excel in a changing on- site environment;
- Ability to follow direction and meet deadlines without compromising on safety and quality;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed;
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times;
- Clean driving licence.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly regarded company in the housing industry and work on a range of interesting projects. If you have the relevant skills and experience please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, HR Executive.
Closing date for applications – 28th February 2021
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date please assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted to attend interviews.
Anwyl Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.