We are seeking to employ an experienced Building services/M+E Manager for our fast-growing Construction Division who will support the construction management team and contribute to the success of the brand moving forward.
This role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to work on various prestigious building projects ensuring set targets and deadlines are reached safely, accurately and within tight time-scales.
As a Building Services/M+E Manager you will be working alongside our Head of Technical, Pre-construction Manager, Senior planner and Commercial manager.
Hours: 8.30am- 5.15pm (Mon- Thurs)
8.30am- 4.00pm (Fri)
Salary: Attractive salary
Report to: Head of Technical
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination with the different departments of the Anwyl organisation, external consultants and suppliers.
- Ensuring good relationships with external and framework clients.
- Managing design consultants and subcontract designers.
- Managing the design process using your commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise.
- Advising the design team on the co-ordination of services within the overall building design
- Reviewing installation plans and specifications to ensure that they deliver what the building/client needs.
- Supporting and advising the client as to the requirements of their obligations in the development of a building design
- Advising clients on how the building services will operate and be maintained once the building is complete.
- Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice, where appropriate.
- Ensuring design information is of the desired quality and produced to meet with project programme.
- Advise on ways to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and building process
- Controlling financial risks during construction.
- Monitoring and controlling design fees.
- Manage the design, procurement and installation of Water, gas and electricity supplies
- Manage the design, procurement and installation of Lighting, heating and air-conditioning systems
- Manage the design, procurement and installation of ICT and fire alarm/sprinkler systems
- Manage the design, procurement and installation of Security systems
- Manage the design, procurement and installation of Lifts
- Manage the Testing and checking of installations.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
Ideally you will:
- Be a good forward planner and excellent motivator
- Be able to keep cool under pressure.
- Have good people skills and the ability to present your ideas effectively.
- Be technically minded and have good team working skills.
- Be able to evaluate the ideas of others whilst in meetings.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of a construction project and be an efficient document manager.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to work both independently and with one or more teams.
- Have proficient IT skills and knowledge of share point software systems
- Have a high attention to detail.
- Have excellent organisational skills.
- Be flexible and proactive
- Have good written and spoken communication abilities.
- Be reliable and honest.
The Applicant should have a proven track record in this sector.
A BTEC in Building Services Engineering, Operations and Maintenance Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or a HNC / HND / Degree in Building Services Engineering (including an industrial placement).
Plus a minimum of five years experience of managing M+E elements of construction projects.
Company Benefits: Company pension, childcare vouchers.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly regarded company in the construction industry and work on a range of interesting projects. If you have the relevant skills and experience please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, HR Executive.
Closing date for applications – 25th May 2018