The Anwyl Group was founded in 1930 as a joinery and woodworking contractor based in North Wales. Since then, Anwyl have expanded and now operate three divisions: Anwyl Homes, Anwyl Construction and Anwyl Land with the head office in St David’s Park, Ewloe.
Anwyl Homes Lancashire is a newly formed regional office of Anwyl Homes based in new modern offices in Chorley, Lancashire.
We are seeking to employ an experienced Buyer for our fast-growing Anwyl Lancashire Homes Division who will support the management and success of the brand moving forward.
Location: Anwyl Homes Lancashire, Chorley
Hours: 8.30am- 5.15pm (Mon- Thurs)
8.30am- 4.00pm (Fri)
Salary: Attractive salary + Car Allowance
Report to: Commercial Director
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Send out enquiries for appropriate materials, collate and analyse quotations, place orders with suitable suppliers for specified materials ensuring goods are delivered on the required date and purchased at the most competitive rates and within budget.
- Ensure quality and performance of materials are in line with required standards.
- Inform other departments of all relevant information regarding changes in materials, major price movements, delivery lead times and individual supply situations.
- Maintain Purchasing internal computer information system for the Division, ensuring site access for materials is maintained.
- Action verified invoices.
- Monitor damages, theft and maintenance on invoices.
- Action site requests for additional materials that are not covered on the bulk orders.
- Authorise all site call-offs for bulk materials.
- Order and authorise the hire of plant and small tools.
- Chase deliveries from suppliers that are overdue or urgent.
- Organise health and safety and welfare/utilities facilities for sales and site staff including compound set up and sales cabins.
- Liase with all relevant colleagues with relation to new site starts, technical problems, new suppliers and general queries.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
Ideally you will have:
- Minimum 5 years of procurement experience;
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office);
- Degree or HNC in Construction would be preferable;
- Experience of planning;
- Construction product knowledge;
- Ability to follow direction and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills;
- Excellent administrative skills;
- Ability to negotiate;
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed;
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly regarded company in the housing industry and work on a range of interesting projects. If you have the relevant skills and experience please send your CV to email@example.com, HR Executive.
Closing date for applications –16th August 2020
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date please assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted to attend interviews.
Anwyl Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.