Anwyl Group was founded in 1930 as a joinery and woodworking contractor based in North Wales. Since then, we have expanded and now operate three divisions: Anwyl Homes, Anwyl Construction and Anwyl Land with the head office in St David’s Park, Ewloe. Anwyl Homes Lancashire is a newly formed regional office of Anwyl Homes based in new modern offices in Chorley Lancashire.
We are seeking to employ an experienced Design Manager for our fast-growing Homes Division based in Ewloe, North Wales who will support, lead and motivate the Design Team whilst ensuring and delivering the design of good quality schemes and to manage the schemes through the planning process.
You will also be responsible for managing the design of layouts and maximise the use of group house types from pre-acquisition of land to implementation following the grant of planning permission and continuous improvement through design review.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Design Manager who will take an active involvement on the preparation and submission of all planning applications for the Homes division including outline, reserved matters and detailed planning applications and continuous review of none material and material amendments.
Hours: 8.30am- 5.15pm (Mon- Thurs, 30min lunch break)
8.30am- 4.00pm (Fri, 30min lunch break)
Reporting to: Technical Director
Location: Head Office, Ewloe
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage a team of internal Architectural Technicians along with coaching and development to achieve company targets;
- Liaise and co-ordinate design information with the internal Engineering team to ensure adoptable and approval standards are met;
- Liaise and co-ordinate with external Architectural Technicians and Planning Consultants to achieve company targets in driving planning permissions alongside our Land team;
- Assist in driving planning applications and discharge of all planning conditions and be the primary form of communication for the Design team between internal departments and external consultants and stakeholders;
- Implement a high level of CDM identifying foreseeable risk in designs and taking appropriate action in line with company policy and good practise;
- Provide the necessary knowledge and expertise to keep track of legislation as dictated by industry standards of Building Control, NHBC and national and regional planning law and policy;
- Working alongside the Group House Type Manager to continually monitor and manage our house type portfolio in terms of design, plotting efficiency, elevational treatment with the necessary commercial acumen;
- Attend planning and committee meetings, along with public exhibitions and consultations with parish council and other similar parties;
This is a key role within the business being the most senior member of the in-house design team and a key component between design, engineering and the land teams. Rounded knowledge of all design, engineering and planning (both national and regional) is a must to fulfil this role.
A team leader with a motivational and “can do” attitude is a must. The ability to work autonomously but also to lead by example and bring together various teams and disciplines is a must. Excellent organisational and presentational skills are required in order to achieve this role.
The following skills, experience and attributes are required:
- Degree or diploma in relevant design-related subject;
- Good technical and commercial knowledge from previous experience of working within the House Building sector;
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD;
- Able to lead, motivate, supervise the team;
- Ability to confidently make decisions;
- Proactive attitude and problem-solving skills;
- Creative and innovative aptitude;
- Enthusiastic and passionate about architecture;
- Good communications and time management skills;
- Attention to detail and high standards of accuracy;
- Good literacy and numeracy skills;
- A positive and supportive attitude;
- Reliable team player with the ability to manage variable workloads;
- Experience of using Microsoft Office systems.
Closing Date: 22nd September 2019
This is a great opportunity to join a growing organisation and work on a range of interesting architectural projects. If you have the relevant skills and experience or would like further information please forward your CV to Kasia Kondrat, HR Executive, firstname.lastname@example.org
Anwyl Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.