We are seeking to employ an experienced Design Manager for our fast-growing Construction Division who will support the construction management team and contribute to the success of the brand moving forward.
This role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to work on various prestigious building projects ensuring set targets and deadlines are reached safely, accurately and within tight time-scales.
As a Design Manager you will be working alongside our Head of Technical, Pre-construction Manager, Senior planner and Commercial manager.
Hours: 8.30am- 5.15pm (Mon- Thurs) | 8.30am- 4.00pm (Fri)
Salary: Attractive salary
Report to: Head of Technical
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination with the different departments of the Anwyl organisation, external consultants and suppliers.
- Ensuring good relationships with external and framework clients.
- Managing a design team.
- Managing the design process using your commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise.
- Supporting and advising the client as to the requirements of their obligations in the development of a building design;
- Ensuring design consultants produce their best work using their full flair, experience, resources and talents in a cost effective way;
- Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice, where appropriate
- Ensuring design information is of the desired quality and produced to meet with project programme.
- Advise on ways to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and building process
- Controlling financial risks during construction.
- Monitoring and controlling design fees.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
Ideally you will:
- Be a good forward planner and excellent motivator
- Be able to keep cool under pressure.
- Have good people skills and the ability to present your ideas effectively.
- Be able to evaluate the ideas of others whilst in meetings.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of a construction project and be an efficient document manager.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to work both independently and with one or more teams.
- Have proficient IT skills and knowledge of share point software systems
- Have a high attention to detail.
- Have excellent organisational skills.
- Be flexible and proactive
- Have good written and spoken communication abilities.
- Be reliable and honest.
The Applicant should have a proven track record in this sector.
A BTEC in Building Studies, Building Engineering or Building Management.
Or a HNC / HND / Degree in Construction Management, Civil engineering or Building or Architecture (including an industrial placement).
Plus a minimum of five years experience of managing elements of construction projects.
Company Benefits: Company pension, childcare vouchers.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly regarded company in the construction industry and work on a range of interesting projects. If you have the relevant skills and experience please send your CV to email@example.com, HR Executive.
Closing date for applications – 25th May 2018