Anwyl Group was founded in 1930 as a joinery and woodworking contractor based in North Wales. Since then, we have expanded and now operate three divisions: Anwyl Homes, Anwyl Partnerships and Anwyl Land all located in our brand new and environmentally friendly offices in St David’s Park, Ewloe. Anwyl Homes Lancashire is a newly formed regional office of Anwyl Homes based in new modern offices in Chorley, Lancashire.
We are seeking to employ an experienced Development Engineer for our fast growing Homes Division who will support our Technical Team in land viability engineering investigation works and ensuring that Section 38, 104, and 278 roads and sewers are designed, approved and constructed to appropriate adoption standards on time and on budget, through to eventual adoption by the relevant Authority/Company.
The Development Engineer’s role will involve an active participation throughout the technical process of both new and existing developments.
Place of Work: St David’s Park, Ewloe
Hours: 8.30am- 17.15pm (Mon- Thurs)
8.30am- 16.00pm (Fri)
Salary: Attractive salary, Car Allowance
Report to: Engineering Manager / Technical Director
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of external consultants for S38 / S104 / S278 road and sewer design works
- Coordination of external consultants for services enquiries for site supplies and diversion works
- Supervision of S38, S104, and S278 road and sewer construction works to ensure the works are carried out within the agreed budget and timescale;
- Manage the maintenance and adoption of the S38, S104, and S278 works in conjunction with the Site Engineer;
- Attend monthly update meetings with the Engineering Manager / Technical Director;
- Assist in obtaining planning permissions and other statutory approvals;
- Assist in discharging planning conditions;
- Assist in the production of layouts and technical reports for Land Appraisals;
- Prepare outline engineering schematics for Land Appraisals with the use of external consultants where necessary;
- Commission site investigations, topographical surveys and other assessment reports on land to be acquired or already acquired;
- Arrange for street lighting completion certificates and any associated remedial works to allow the street lighting to be placed on to maintenance or adopted;
- Assist in site, drainage and services investigation works;
- Arrange for as-built topographic surveys to be undertaken as required and in turn produce in AutoCAD as-built road and sewer adoption drawings;
- Issue of engineering information to Commercial, Construction and Sales Departments as necessary;
- Update the SharePoint system with engineering details and drawings as necessary;
- Answer technical and engineering queries in a confident and competent manner;
- Work in accordance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environment Policy and encourage safe working practices.
- HNC / HND (minimum);
- AutoCAD proficient (essential);
- Word / Excel proficient;
- Valid full UK Driving License;
- Good engineering knowledge from previous experience of working within the House Building Sector;
- Commercial awareness;
- Health and safety awareness;
- Ability to work within a busy team environment and autonomously as the role requires.
These are illustrative duties and the post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the department to respond effectively to the requirements of the Company.
Closing date for applications – 13th November 2020
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date please assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted to attend interviews.
Anwyl Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.