Anwyl Group was founded in 1930 as a joinery and woodworking contractor based in North Wales. Since then, we have expanded and now operate three divisions: Anwyl Homes, Anwyl Partnerships and Anwyl Land all located in our brand new and environmentally friendly offices in St David’s Park, Ewloe. Anwyl Homes Lancashire is a newly formed regional office of Anwyl Homes based in new modern offices in Chorley, Lancashire.
We are seeking to employ an Engineer for our fast growing Homes Division who will support our Technical Team in land viability engineering investigation works and ensuring that Section 38, 104, and 278 roads and sewers are designed, approved and constructed to appropriate adoption standards on time and on budget, through to eventual adoption by the relevant Authority/Company.
The Engineer’s role will involve an active participation throughout the technical process of both new and existing developments.
Place of Work: Chorley, Lancashire
Hours: 8.30am- 17.15pm (Mon- Thurs) 8.30am- 16.00pm (Fri)
Salary: Attractive salary, Car Allowance
Report to: Senior Engineer / Technical Director
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of external consultants for S38 / S104 / S278 adoptable road and sewer design works.
- Coordination of external consultants for services enquiries for site supplies and diversion works.
- Supervision of S38, S104, and S278 road and sewer construction works to ensure the works are carried out to the approved designs.
- Manage the maintenance and adoption of the S38, S104, and S278 works including adoptable street lighting.
- Attend regular update meetings with the Senior Engineer / Technical Director.
- Complete material management forecasts to advise the Commercial and Construction teams of cut and fill requirements.
- Monitor material management using in-house MUQC (Material Utilisation Quality Control) process to keep a live track of each site’s requirements in relation to its forecast.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings on site with Site Manager and Area Construction Manager to track site progress and assist in forward thinking programming of material management and site validation etc.
- Produce all non-adoptable Engineering drawings in house including external works, private drainage and associated setting out drawings.
- Commission site investigations, topographical surveys, and other assessment reports on land to be acquired or already acquired.
- Assist in site, drainage and services investigation works.
- Arrange for as-built topographic surveys to be undertaken as required and in turn produce in AutoCAD as-built road and sewer adoption drawings and check these against design drawings.
- Update the Document control system with engineering reports, details, and drawings as necessary and issue to Commercial, Construction and Sales Departments, as necessary.
- Answer technical and engineering queries in a confident and competent manner.
- Work in accordance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environment Policy and encourage safe working practices.
- HNC / HND (minimum).
- AutoCAD proficient (essential).
- Word / Excel proficient.
- Valid full UK Driving License.
- Good engineering knowledge from previous experience of working within the House Building Sector.
- Commercial awareness.
- Health and safety awareness.
- Ability to work within a busy team environment and autonomously as the role requires.
These are illustrative duties, and the post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the department to respond effectively to the requirements of the Company.
If you have the relevant skills and experience please send your CV to Kasia Kondrat email: email@example.com, HR Executive
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date please assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted to attend interviews.
Anwyl Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.