We are seeking to employ a Development Engineer for our fast growing Anwyl Homes Lancashire Division who will support our Technical Team in land viability engineering investigation works and ensuring that Section 38, 104, and 278 roads and sewers are designed, approved and constructed to appropriate adoption standards on time and on budget in line with the business’ goals and objectives, through to eventual adoption by the relevant Authority/Company. It will further provide a link between the Technical Department and Construction on engineering matters.
The Development Engineer’s role will involve an active participation throughout the technical process of both new and existing developments.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support and information to construction, commercial, sales and technical departments;
- Assist the Technical and Commercial Departments in issuing tender drawings to contractors, assessing them upon return and engaging with pre award meetings.
- Review engineering designs to ensure their cost effectiveness and build ability
- Co-ordination of as-built surveys as required and in turn produce in AutoCAD as-built road and sewer adoption drawings;
- S278, S38, S104 & S185 adoptions. Inspect road and sewer works form commencement to formal adoption by Local Authority. Ensure works are carried out within an agreed budget and timescale.
- Obtaining, checking and issuing plot postal addresses.
- Obtaining Multi utility /service connection quotations and assess them with Engineering Manager before appointment and monitor and assist the site teams in delivering mains and plot connections.
- Prior to legal completion of all new homes, ensure the appropriate driveways and footpaths are completed to agreed standards.
- Answer queries from site on engineering issues with support from Line Manager/s
- Prepare and maintain drawing registers for all engineering details and drawings as necessary and ensure up to date records are kept of all drawing issues;
- Prepare External Works and Plot Drainage plans, using AutoCAD, in the AHL agreed standard.
- Produce, manage, and monitor a Materials Management Plan of required and surplus topsoil and subsoil for each allocated Development.
- Check and co-ordinate information from external consultants, suppliers and manufacturers on engineering related details;
- Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group’s Health, Safety and Environment Policy.
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company. In liaison with Commercial Department, ensure fees and services budgets, appraisals, cost plans and viabilities are prepared to ensure the project meets the Group’s and the Company’s financial criteria and ensuring variances to budget are reported.
You will be working with internal and external stakeholders, including Officers in both Local Authorities and statutory bodies and Contractors.
Your role will also involve authority in decision making, including in areas such as:
- Authority to agree issue with external bodies (within remit of cost and programme) e.g. technical approvals of S104, S38
- Instructing consultants to vary or amend designs (within remit of cost and programme)
- Appointment and instruction of Contractors / Consultants in consultation with Line Manager;
- Agreement of costs for Contractors / Consultants in line with budget in consultation with Line Manager;
- Agreement of variations and associated costs for Contractors / Consultants in consultation with Line Manager.
- HNC / HND (minimum).
- AutoCAD proficient (essential).
- Word / Excel proficient.
- Valid full UK Driving License.
- Good engineering knowledge from previous experience of working within the House Building Sector.
- Commercial awareness.
- Health and safety awareness.
- Ability to work within a busy team environment and autonomously as the role requires.