Anwyl Group was founded in 1930 as a joinery and woodworking contractor based in North Wales. Since then, we have expanded and now operate three divisions: Anwyl Homes, Anwyl Construction and Anwyl Land located in St David’s Park, Ewloe.
We are seeking to employ an experienced, motivated and reliable FLT driver to join our construction site in Abergele, North Wales. This is an active role however driving the forklift will be dependant upon how busy the site is and the job holder will be expected to carry out general labouring duties when the forklift is not required.
Hours of work: 8.00am- 5.00pm (Mon- Fri)
Reporting to: Site Manager
Place of Work: Abergele, North Wales
Job Purpose: Responsible for the loading and unloading of materials from delivery wagons into storage and loading working platforms for various trades all in a safe and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loading and unloading of materials from delivery wagons into storage in a safe and efficient manner following correct and safe company standard operating procedures;
- Loading working platforms for various trades- bricklayers, joiners, roofers etc, using correct and safe company standard operating procedures;
- Adhere to and comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Company Health, Safety and Environment Policy and as explained in Site Health and Safety rules/procedures;
- Responsible for carrying out daily FLT checks;
- Reporting any defects and health and safety issues to the site manager;
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions;
- Other general labouring duties when the forklift if not required and as assigned by the line manager. This will include general housekeeping, removing rubbish, accessing scaffolding by means of a ladder and work on the scaffolding or from the ladder.
The successful candidate will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Current counterbalance forklift license;
- Proven FLT experience;
- Attention to details;
- Prepared to work in inclement weather as the need arises;
- Physically fit;
- Flexible and able to work to tight deadlines;
- Able to follow instructions;
- Awareness of health and safety at work;
- Team player.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing organisation.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly regarded company in the housing industry. If you have the relevant skills and experience please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, HR Executive.
Closing date for applications –1st March 2020
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date please assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion, your application has not been successful.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted to attend interviews.