Anwyl Group was founded in 1930 as a joinery and woodworking contractor based in North Wales. Since then, we have expanded and now operate three divisions: Anwyl Homes, Anwyl Construction and Anwyl Land located in St David’s Park, Ewloe.
A Joinery Apprenticeship is being offered to a successful candidate who will have an opportunity to assist and learn all aspects of joinery within our Workshop environment alongside our experienced team of Joiners. This role will provide a successful candidate an insight and hands-on joinery experience whilst machining and assembling various aspects of joinery items for our development sites within North Wales and North West.
|Reporting to||Workshop Manager|
|Location||Rhyl, North Wales|
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend college course (normally once a week) to understand theoretical aspects of joinery and work towards achieving a relevant NVQ;
- Assist and learn all aspects of joinery;
- Learning to use specialist equipment and tools;
- Operate woodworking machines (under supervision);
- Understand and prepare cutting list;
- Ensure all safety precautions have been followed and all machinery is inspected prior to commencement of work;
- Report any defects or damage to the machines;
- Follow Company’s health and safety procedures and regulations;
- Other duties including general workshop and yard housekeeping.
The successful candidate will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Previous joinery experience is an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided;
- Interest in joinery and carpentry;
- Keen to learn and progress;
- Quick learner;
- Able to use hand tools and woodworking machinery;
- Able to read drawings;
- Able to follow instructions but also work on own initiative;
- Punctual and reliable;
- Good communication skills;
Closing date: 14th February 2021
This is a great opportunity to join and progress with a well-established and continuously growing organisation. If you have the relevant skills and experience or would like further information please contact us.
Anwyl Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.