The Anwyl Group was founded in 1930 as a joinery and woodworking contractor based in North Wales. Since then, Anwyl have expanded and now operate three divisions: Anwyl Homes, Anwyl Construction and Anwyl Land with the head office in St David’s Park, Ewloe.
Anwyl Homes Lancashire is a newly formed regional office of Anwyl Homes based in new modern offices in Chorley, Lancashire.
We are seeking to employ an experienced Quantity Surveyor for our fast-growing Anwyl Lancashire Homes Division who will support the management and success of the brand moving forward.
This role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to work on various prestigious projects ensuring set targets and deadlines are reached safely, accurately and within tight time-scales.
As the Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for cost control, administration of sub-contracts, production of internal valuations/ costs to complete and for administration of health and safety procedures.
Location: Anwyl Homes Lancashire, Chorley
Hours: 8.30am- 5.15pm (Mon- Thurs), 8.30am- 4.00pm (Fri)
Salary: Attractive salary + Car Allowance
Report to: Commercial Director
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare full enquiry pack and collating all tender information;
- Prepare detailed breakdown of build cost included within land appraisal;
- Prepare tender analysis comparing individual tenders against each other and against build cost within land appraisal;
- Assemble Health and Safety policies, method statements and risk assessments;
- Attend pre-start meetings, handover completed procurement pack to site team;
- Ensure sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed and checked;
- Allocate work to sub-contractors;
- Prepare draft budget estimates;
- Keep payment record sheets up to date following completion of each weekly and monthly payment run;
- Carry out monthly site progress visits;
- Produce cost to complete reconciliation (CTC);
- Ensure all Health and Safety information is signed off prior to placing order;
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the Company’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the Company.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
Ideally you will have:
- Minimum 5 years of QS experience;
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office and AutoCAD LT);
- Degree or HNC in Construction/Building/Surveying would be preferable;
- Experience of planning;
- Ability to follow direction and meet deadlines without compromising on safety and quality;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills;
- Ability to negotiate, motivate and lead the team on site;
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed;
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly regarded company in the housing industry and work on a range of interesting projects. If you have the relevant skills and experience please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, HR Executive.
Closing date for applications –31st July 2019
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date please assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted to attend interviews.
Anwyl Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.