As part of the expansion of the Homes Division, Anwyl Homes Lancashire was formed and we are now seeking to employ an experienced Quantity Surveyor for this fast-growing region, based in new offices in Chorley.
As the Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for cost control, administration of sub-contracts, production of internal valuations/ costs to complete and for administration of health and safety procedures.
Hours: 8.30am- 5.15pm (Mon- Thurs)
8.30am- 4.00pm (Fri)
Salary: Attractive salary + Car/ Car Allowance
Report to: Head of Commercial
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare full enquiry pack and collating all tender information;
- Prepare detailed breakdown of build cost included within land appraisal;
- Prepare tender analysis comparing individual tenders against each other and against build cost within land appraisal;
- Assemble Health and Safety policies, method statements and risk assessments;
- Attend pre-start meetings, handover completed procurement pack to site team;
- Ensure sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed and checked;
- Allocate work to sub-contractors;
- Prepare draft budget estimates;
- Keep payment record sheets up to date following completion of each weekly and monthly payment run;
- Carry out monthly site progress visits;
- Produce cost to complete reconciliation (CTC);
- Ensure all Health and Safety information is signed off prior to placing order;
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the Company’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the Company.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
Ideally you will have:
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office and AutoCAD LT);
- Degree or HNC in Construction/Building/Surveying would be preferable;
- Experience of planning;
- Ability to follow direction and meet deadlines without compromising on safety and quality;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills;
- Ability to negotiate, motivate and lead the team on site;
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed;
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
If you have the relevant skills and experience please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, HR Executive.
Closing date for applications –6th May 2018
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date please assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted to attend interviews.