The Anwyl Group was founded in 1930 as a joinery and woodworking contractor based in North Wales. Since then, Anwyl have expanded and now operate three divisions: Anwyl Homes, Anwyl Partnerships and Anwyl Land with the head office in St David’s Park, Ewloe.
We are seeking to employ an experienced Quantity Surveyor for our Partnerships Division who will support the management and success of the brand moving forward.
This role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to work on various prestigious projects ensuring set targets and deadlines are reached safely, accurately and within tight time-scales.
As our Civils Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for the commercial delivery of infrastructure to our residential redevelopment schemes in the North West Region. You will be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of Civil Engineering & Complex Groundworks, JCT contracts and possess a strong appreciation of project processes and design and risk management. Experience of successfully delivering complex infrastructure to residential developments with values in excess of £1m. You will ideally have worked in a similar level role for a main contractor or groundworker within the region.
Hours: 8.30am- 5.15pm (Mon- Thurs), 8.30am- 4.00pm (Fri)
Salary: Attractive salary + Car Allowance
Report to: Senior Commercial Manager
- Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strive to maximise the profitability of the Contracts;
- Ensure that the Contracts achieve the maximum cashflow position;
- Preparation of infrastructure estimates for development appraisals and fee negotiations for adoption agreements (road sewers, utilities foundations, retaining structures);
- Procurement and management of Civils based work packages;
- Completion and compliance with required contract documentation including Bonds and Warranties;
- Ensure that all contract documentation and sub-contract documentation is completed and forwarded to the Department Head / Managing Quantity Surveyor (MQS) for authorisation;
- Maintaining necessary systems to efficiently file and retrieve information digitally to allow others to do likewise in accordance with the Management System;
- Compliance with Commercial and Company procedures;
- Presenting and agreeing the external valuation with the Client’s Representative;
- Pricing and agreeing variations with the Client’s Representative;
- Prepare and manage key and large risk subcontract accounts from inception to final accounts;
- Subcontract procurement strategy and implementation;
- Ensure the procurement of sub-contractors is in line with the Anwyl Management System and that the packages cover the scope of the works;
- Check and ensure compliance and issuing of timely Payment and Pay less notices to Subcontractors;
- Control, monitor and improve commercial processes and deliver the objectives and targets for the Contract teams;
- Preparing monthly Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) reports for presentation to the Management team;
- Monitoring risk and opportunity schedules and managing risk from Commencement to Completion;
- Provide input and cost and value engineering advice throughout the design life of the scheme and attend design team meetings;
- Ensure a proactive approach to dispute avoidance;
- Ensure company health and safety standards and procedures are followed throughout the team
The successful candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
Ideally you will have:
- Minimum 5 years of QS experience within a Construction industry;
- Experience of remediation, ground engineering, piling, retaining structures, roads and sewers for adoption;
- Account management and commercial experience;
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office and AutoCAD LT);
- Degree or HNC/ HND in Construction/Building/Surveying would be preferable;
- Experience of planning;
- Ability to follow direction and meet deadlines without compromising on safety and quality;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed;
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times;
- Clean driving licence.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly regarded company in the housing industry and work on a range of interesting projects. If you have the relevant skills and experience please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, HR Executive.
Closing date for applications –30th November 2020
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date please assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted to attend interviews.
Anwyl Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.