Hours: 8.30am- 5.15pm (Mon- Thurs), 8.30am- 4.00pm (Fri)
Salary: Attractive salary + Car/ Car Allowance
Report to: Chief Quantity Surveyor
As the Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for cost control, administration of sub-contracts, production of internal valuations/ costs to complete and for administration of health and safety procedures.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare full enquiry pack and collating all tender information;
- Prepare detailed breakdown of build cost included in land appraisal;
- Prepare tender analysis comparing individual tenders against each other and against build cost within land appraisal;
- Assemble Health and Safety policies, method statements and risk assessments;
- Attend pre-start meetings, handover completed procurement pack to site team;
- Ensure sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed and checked;
- Allocate work to sub-contractors;
- Prepare draft budget estimates;
- Keep payment record sheets up to date following completion of each weekly and monthly payment run;
- Carry out monthly site progress visits;
- Produce cost to complete reconciliation (CTC);
- Ensure all Health and Safety information is signed off prior to placing order;
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contributions to the Company’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the Company.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
Ideally, you will have:
- Minimum 5 years of QS experience;
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office);
- Degree or HNC in Construction/Building/Surveying would be preferable;
- Experience of planning;
- Ability to follow direction and meet deadlines without compromising on safety and quality;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills;
- Ability to negotiate, motivate and lead the team on site;
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed;
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly regarded company in the housing industry and work on a range of interesting projects. If you have the relevant skills and experience please send your CV to email@example.com, HR Executive.
Company Benefits: Company pension, childcare vouchers.
Closing date for applications – 27th April 2018
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date please assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion, your application has not been successful.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted to attend interviews.
Anwyl Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.