Senior Architectural Technician – Anwyl Homes (Cheshire & North Wales)
Anwyl Group was founded in 1930 as a joinery and woodworking contractor based in North Wales. Since then, we have expanded and now operate three divisions: Anwyl Homes, Anwyl Partnerships and Anwyl Land all located in our brand new and environmentally friendly offices in St David’s Park, Ewloe.
We are seeking to employ an experienced Senior Architectural Technician for our fast growing Homes Division who will support the Design Team in ensuring and delivering the design of good quality schemes and to manage the schemes through the planning process.
This role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to work on various prestigious projects and to actively participate in technical processes of both new and existing developments.
Hours: 8.30am- 5.15pm (Mon- Thurs)
8.30am- 4.00pm (Fri)
Salary: Attractive salary + Car Allowance
Reporting to: Design Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support and information to Construction, Commercial and Sales Departments;
- Supervision and support of the other Design Team members (Architectural Technician & Assistant Architectural Technician);
- Update existing house types and provide new designs when required;
- Assist the Design Manager in briefing consultants;
- Produce and submit Planning and Building Regulation Applications;
- Maintain good understanding of the Building Regulations, SAP and construction issues that affect house building;
- Prepare sales and legal information, conveyance plans, sales area layouts, external finishes, etc;
- Obtain and check information from external architectural consultants, suppliers and manufacturers for inclusion within the working drawing pack;
- Visit sites to carry out inspections of the house types;
- Ensure amended drawings are issued in accordance with Company Procedures.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years experience of working in a similar role;
- Good technical knowledge from previous experience of working within the House Building Sector;
- Minimum HNC- Buildings Studies;
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD;
- Good understanding of technical processes;
- Good communications and time management skills;
- Attention to detail and high standards of accuracy;
- Good literacy and numeracy skills;
- A positive and supportive can-do attitude;
- Reliable team player with the ability to manage variable workloads;
- Experience of using Microsoft Office systems.
- A full valid UK driving Licence.
Closing date for applications: 21st February 2021
This is a great opportunity to join a growing organisation and work on a range of interesting architectural projects. If you have the relevant skills and experience or would like further information please contact us.
Anwyl Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.