Anwyl Group was founded in 1930 as a joinery and woodworking contractor based in North Wales. Since then, we have expanded and now operate three divisions: Anwyl Homes, Anwyl Construction and Anwyl Land all located in our brand new and environmentally friendly offices in St David’s Park, Ewloe.
We are seeking to employ an experienced Site Engineer for our fast growing Homes Division who will support our Technical Team in ensuring that Section 38, 104, 185 and 278 roads and sewers are designed, approved and constructed to appropriate adoption standards on time and on budget, through to eventual adoption by the relevant Authority/Company.
The Site Engineer’s role will involve an active participation throughout the technical process of both new and existing developments.
Hours: 8.30am- 17.15pm (Mon- Thurs)
8.30am- 16.00pm (Fri)
Salary: Attractive salary, Company Car/Car Allowance, Company Pension
Report to: Engineering Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervision of S38, S104, S185 and S278 road and sewer works including footpath / vehicle crossings and final surfacing works to adoptable roads / footpaths / vehicle crossings and private driveways and parking areas;
- Manage the maintenance and adoption of the S38, S104, S185 and S278 works and attend monthly update meetings with the Engineering Manager / Technical Director;
- Arrange for sewer CCTV surveys as required;
- Arrange for street lighting completion certificates and any associated remedial works to allow the street lighting to be placed on to maintenance or adopted;
- Assist in site investigation works;
- Assist in the initial negotiations/enquiries with statutory bodies on drainage, highways, services, environmental and other engineering issues when appraising land;
- Assist in the co-ordination of main services being laid on site including substations and gas governors where necessary;
- Arrange for as-built topographic surveys to be undertaken as required and in turn produce in AutoCAD as-built road and sewer adoption drawings;
- Assist in the issue of engineering information to Commercial, Construction and Sales Departments;
- Update the SharePoint system with engineering details and drawings as necessary;
- Answer technical queries in a confident and competent manner;
- Work in accordance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environment Policy and encourage safe working practices.
Decision Making Authority:
- Appointment and instruction of Contractors / Consultants in consultation with Line Manager;
- Agreement of costs for Contractors / Consultants in line with budget in consultation with Line Manager;
- Agreement of variations and associated costs for Contractors / Consultants in consultation with Line Manager;
- HNC / HND (minimum);
- AutoCAD proficient;
- Word / Excel proficient;
- Valid full UK Driving License;
- Good technical knowledge from previous experience of working within the House Building Sector;
- Commercial awareness;
- Health and safety awareness;
- Ability to work within a busy team environment and autonomously as the role requires.
These are illustrative duties and the post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the department to respond effectively to the requirements of the Company.
Closing date for applications –6th January 2019
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date please assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted to attend interviews.
Anwyl Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.