Anwyl Group was founded in 1930 as a joinery and woodworking contractor based in North Wales. Since then, we have expanded and now operate three divisions: Anwyl Homes, Anwyl Partnerships and Anwyl Land located in St David’s Park, Ewloe.
We are seeking to employ an experienced Subcontractor Accounts Administrator for our Group division who will work closely with the Group Financial Controller and the accounts / finance team ensuring subcontractors monthly payments are processed effectively and within the specified timescales whilst providing assistance to other work colleagues as and when required.
Working Hours/ Days: Mon – Thurs 8:30am – 5.15pm / Fri 8:30am – 4:00pm
Reporting to: Group Financial Controller
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing Subcontractors monthly and weekly payments for 3 divisions Anwyl Partnerships / Anwyl Homes CNW / Anwyl Homes Lancashire;
- Deduct CIS in accordance with HMRC Legislation;
- Manage subcontractor email inbox to ensure Quantity Surveyors receive subcontractor request for payment;
- Accurately prepare BACS payment report ready for sign off and submission to the Bank;
- Issue Electronic Remittances to subcontractors;
- Ensure subcontractor statements are produced on a monthly basis and issued to the Subcontractors by the HMRC deadline;
- Manage subcontractor accounts to ensure kept up to date, for example CIS verifications and insurances;
- Ensure preparation of monthly CIS returns;
- Effectively communicate with subcontractors, managers and work colleagues;
- Assist purchase ledger if necessary;
- General accounts administration, i.e. answering overflow phone calls, forwarding messages, posting invoices, maintaining relevant spreadsheets;
- Any other duties as requested and required at times by the Group Financial Controller and broader Finance team.
The successful candidate will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- At least 3 years’ experience in accounting environment;
- Knowledge of CIS returns;
- Knowledge of construction related VAT;
- Knowledge of IR35 requirements;
- Confident Microsoft Office user (Excel, Outlook, Word);
- Strong attention to detail and high standard of accuracy;
- Excellent organisational skills and demonstrates initiative;
- Good communication skills, written and verbal;
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines;
- Ability to work both effectively in a team and also independently;
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established and continuously growing organisation. If you have the relevant skills and experience or would like further information please contact us.
Closing date: Sunday 27th September 2020
If you have the relevant skills and experience please send your CV to Kasia Kondrat, HR Executive, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anwyl Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.