Anwyl Group was founded in 1930 as a joinery and woodworking contractor based in North Wales. Since then, we have expanded and now operate three divisions: Anwyl Homes, Anwyl Construction and Anwyl Land all located in our brand new and environmentally friendly offices in St David’s Park, Ewloe.
We are seeking to employ a Trainee Architectural Technician for our fast growing Homes Division who will support the Design Team in ensuring and delivering the design of good quality schemes and to manage the schemes through the planning process.
Our Technical Department is involved in every stage of the house building process from the initial feasibility studies on potential land to producing the house types designs for the Sales and Commercial teams.
For each new development the Design Team prepare the working drawings for the Commercial and Construction teams. They are also on hand during each stage of construction to provide advice and further detailing during the construction process.
The Design Team also engage with external architects, civil and structural engineers, landscape designers etc and external material suppliers.
Hours: 8.30am- 5.15pm (Mon- Thurs, 30min lunch break)
8.30am- 4.00pm (Fri, 30min lunch break)
Reporting to: Design Manager
Location: Head Office, Ewloe
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Design Department in meeting its operational objectives;
- Accompanying Design Department team members on site visits to carry out inspections of the house types;
- Attending day release at College to study towards a relevant qualification;
- At all times comply with Company policies, procedures and instructions;
- Assisting with the departmental day to day operational activities as required;
- Work towards providing technical support and information to the Construction, Commercial and Sales Departments and other members of the Design Team;
- Assisting with updating the Company’s Intranet;
- Work towards developing a good understanding of the Building Regulations, SAP and construction issues that affect house building. These are illustrative duties and the post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work to ensure that the department meets its objectives and works effectively.
The following skills, experience and attributes are required:
- Eager to learn and develop new skills;
- Enthusiastic and passionate about architecture;
- Experience of using AutoCAD (desirable);
- A levels/ ONC to allow entry onto HNC Building Studies course;
- Good communications and time management skills;
- Attention to detail and high standards of accuracy;
- Good literacy and numeracy skills;
- A positive and supportive can-do attitude;
- Reliable team player with the ability to manage variable workloads;
- Experience of using Microsoft Office systems.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing organisation and work on a range of interesting architectural projects. If you have the relevant skills and experience or would like further information please contact us.
Company Benefits: College release (to HNC level), company pension, childcare vouchers, company events.
Anwyl Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.