Trainee/Assistant Buyer- Anwyl Partnerships
Anwyl Group was founded in 1930 as a joinery and woodworking contractor based in North Wales. Since then, we have expanded and now operate three divisions: Anwyl Homes, Anwyl Partnerships and Anwyl Land all located in our brand new and environmentally friendly offices in St David’s Park, Ewloe.
We are seeking to employ an aspiring Assistant Buyer for our Partnerships division who will work closely with the Procurement Manager and assist in procuring all materials and plant hire for the build process by collating and analysis order requirements and supplier information.
Hours: 8.30am- 17.15pm (Mon- Thurs)
8.30am- 16.00pm (Fri)
Salary: Attractive salary
Report to: Procurement Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Procurement Manager with placing orders with approved suppliers for specified materials and plant hire ensuring goods are delivered on the required date and purchased at the most competitive rates and within budget;
- Occasionally “take off” materials required for a project from drawings and the specifications by hand and using digital packages;
- Liaison with sites to keep them informed on the progress of quotations, orders and resolving issues that arise;
- Visits to sites as required to verify materials and plant hire present and determine future requirements;
- Calling off plant orders and keeping track of the plant on hire;
- Building and managing strong relationships with sites and suppliers;
- Negotiating prices professionally;
- Ensure quality of ordered materials and plant hire are in line with required standards;
- Chase deliveries from suppliers that are overdue or urgent;
- In liaison with Procurement Manager, inform other departments of all relevant information regarding changes in materials and plant hire, price movements, delivery lead times and individual supply situations;
- Process verified invoices and assist with those in query;
- Ensure familiarity with Anwyl Partnerships Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and comply with employee’s responsibilities;
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- HNC / HND (minimum);
- Word / Excel proficient;
- Excellent telephone manner;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good administrative skills;
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work;
- Construction product knowledge;
- Confidence and determination;
- Health and safety awareness;
- Ability to work within a team environment and autonomously;
- Valid full UK Driving License.
If you have the relevant skills and experience please send your CV to Kasia Kondrat email@example.com, HR Executive, or visit our website www.anwylgroup.co.uk/careers.
Closing date for applications – 4th January 2021
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date please assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion your application has not been successful. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted to attend interviews.
Anwyl Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.