Trainee Buyer- Anwyl Homes Cheshire and North Wales
Anwyl Group was founded in 1930 as a joinery and woodworking contractor based in North Wales. Since then, we have expanded and now operate three divisions: Anwyl Homes, Anwyl Partnerships and Anwyl Land all located in our brand new and environmentally friendly offices in St David’s Park, Ewloe.
We are seeking to employ an aspiring Trainee Buyer for our Homes division who will work closely with the Commercial Team and assist in procuring all materials and plant hire for the build process by collating and analysis order requirements and supplier information.
Hours: 8.30am- 17.15pm (Mon- Thurs)
8.30am- 16.00pm (Fri)
Salary: Attractive salary
Report to: Commercial Director
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with placing orders with approved suppliers for specified materials and plant hire ensuring goods are delivered on the required date and purchased at the most competitive rates and within budget;
- Provide support to the Homes CNW Commercial Department,
- Assist with the quantifying of materials for tender packages and order production,
- Maintenance of pricing modules and bills of quantities for the Commercial Team at large
- Assisting with the placement of plant orders and keeping track of the plant on hire;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with sites and suppliers;
- Negotiating prices professionally;
- Ensure quality of ordered materials and plant hire are in line with required standards;
- Chase deliveries from suppliers that are overdue or urgent;
- Prepare tender Enquiry packs and tender list
- Analysis of tenders and preparation of supply proposals for approval
- Process verified invoices and assist with those in query;
- Ensure familiarity with Anwyl Group Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and comply with employee’s responsibilities;
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of improving contribution to the organisation’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Good grades in English and Maths GCSE- essential
- Word / Excel proficient;
- Excellent telephone manner;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good administrative skills;
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work;
- Basic construction product knowledge;
- Confidence and determination;
- Health and safety awareness;
- Ability to work within a team environment and autonomously;
- Valid full UK Driving License.
Closing date for applications –18th April 2021
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date please assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion your application has not been successful. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted to attend interviews.
Anwyl Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.